Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Red Balloon

My life is often surrounded by disorder and disorganization. A lot of things I have either get lost, broken, or misplaced. Currently I had to purchase my Student ID card for the second time this semester, just got a cell phone after being phoneless for three weeks, and I am battling to stay dry under a broken umbrella. 

My umbrella is bright red and frequently allows the wind to catch under it, causing the umbrella to flip inside out. I am quite a sight walking around campus with my large tote bag trying to fix my umbrella which is being incredibly reluctant. The epitome of disaster. 
When things like this happen to me, I just have to laugh. While attempting to survive a campus monsoon, (if only the precipitation in the middle of Ohio the past few days was snow) I have tried to find inspiration for my umbrella perils.

Nothing proves better than the film, The Red Balloon. The film is about a red balloon with a mind of its own, that follows a little boy around the streets of Paris. Buy here.
 So while I am stuck in torrential down pours with a stubborn umbrella, I pretend I am holding the red balloon from the classic and inspirational film. 
It's the thought that counts, right?





The finale of The Red Balloon (if only these were umbrellas to cover my head!)


2 comments:

  1. It is nice blog, Especially i like most this line in blog ,Balloons used as decor! I know it’s definitely not a new concept, but I think it’s pretty awesome. BalloonsThank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...