Wednesday, May 9, 2012

piano man

There is a piano in the middle of the campus center at school. Throughout the day there are students who fill the atrium with wonderful music. The other day I wandered over to the piano area, taking a break from my exam studying and I spent a few minutes listening to a young male student beautifully play the piano. 
Moments like this make me treasure the art of music and wish that I still kept up with music. I was blessed to have parents who encouraged us to play an instrument growing up and I took piano lesson until I was in the 8th grade. However, piano quickly fell to the wayside the older I became and my fingers are quite out-of-touch with the now dusty black and white keys. 
I hope to engage myself in music a little bit more this summer and I challenge you to do the same. 
Maybe pick-up a musical instrument or try out one that you practiced years before.
Listen to a new genre of music.
Go and see a live performance of a jazz band, afternoon classical musician, or other artists. Summer concerts are always a popular venue!

Here's to tinkling the ivories, Toodles!







Billy Joel   Piano Man


Follow Twirling Clare Facebook//Twitter//Youtube//Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...