Friday, May 23, 2014

emanuelle alt

I have found myself filling my tumblr page with loads of street style pictures of women in straight slacks or jeans, classic button downs, and oversized blazers. I love the simplicity and timelessness of the look. As much as I enjoy buying statement pieces (cue ball gowns, tunics, party dresses, and sparkly shoes), I am really obsessing over this uniform. I mean you CAN'T go wrong! 
But having a healthy dose of French chic with festive Palm Beach flair can still work, right? 

I slowly began realizing that the woman in most of my tumblr "re-blogs" was Emanuelle Alt, the Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Paris. She is most celebrated for her make-up free and youthful appearance and nixing skirts and dresses for denim and her signature blazers or jackets. She is a fan of black heels, as you might gather from the images below. BUT - I see a fair amount of kitten heels in the outfits. Totally a-ok with that!

It's always fun to find new style icons. Although it might be a bit of a stretch for one person to channel both Emanuelle and Iris Apfel in a wardrobe, who said life shouldn't be a bit of a creative challenge? 

Enjoy your weekend!!























Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...