Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Olivia Palermo - Summer Styles

Modern-day style icon Olivia Palermo shared 30 days of summer style outfits on her blog last year. 
While I would never define her style as effortless, she always seems to be comfortable - and in nothing short of fabulous fashions. I cease to be amazed with her remarkable fashion experiments, she truly a renegade for the classic dresser. Even better, you'll often find her in clothes across a wide range of price points. For example, the black & white leopard print ankle length pants she wears in out of her outfits below, is from Banana Republic. It's rare to see someone on the street style circuit sporting clothes that we could actually afford...but there's a reason they're being photographed and I am not. For example, what differs is that I would wear those pants with a simple white long-sleeve tee or blouse, rather than mixing spots and dots and speckles! 
She always looks great, but I find her style hard to mirror. I have a similar feeling about Jenna Lyons. Both can combine amazing pieces and look divine, but on the average person it seems massively overdone. A perfect case in point for each of them: Olivia Palermo wore shorts, a long ballerina tulle skirt, a cashmere sweater and blue pumps to her wedding. Jenna Lyons wore a floor length feather skirt, a white colorless blouse, a fur coat, leopard clutch and her signature glasses to Solange Knowles' wedding. Yes, both looked incredible...but it would take one in a million aspiring style mavens to try and copy either one of those looks and make it turn out even a fraction as fabulous. 
I don't think I'd ever be able to pull off an entire look of Olivia Palermo's, but I do think there are some pieces from her summer style set below that are really outstanding (and trust me, I choose some of the simple options!). 
Enjoy!











(via Olivia Palermo - 30 Looks for 30 Days)

Follow Twirling Clare: Facebook//Instagram//Pinterest//Tumblr//Twitter


1 comment:

  1. I love Olivia's style and had been eyeing her Yellow Suede Loafers that's she been wearing all summer. I found the exact one's, they are a little over $400 dollars, so I found some amazing look alikes for cheaper. http://goldiejames.com/olivia-palermos-style-loafers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...